How you will make an impact
As the Lead Process Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in designing our current and future pilot plants for continuous process optimization. Taking the lead over the Process Engineering team, you act as both the internal and external point of contact, steering the team to excellence. Evaluating and determining the qualifications systems must meet, you actively contribute to the team’s expertise.
Furthermore, your role involves designing the chemical processes underlying Iron Fuel Technology™ from concept to P&ID level. You calculate, request, select, and order equipment and machines for the systems, ensuring seamless operations. Once the system is designed, you actively participate in its startup, assessing safety and operability, exploring technological enhancements, and establishing operational procedures. Additionally, you serve as a vital link between Process Engineering and the Management Team, taking responsibility for both your team and the processes.
What you do as a Lead Process Engineer
• Prepare EPC projects with a robust execution framework and establish the project structure.
• Lead the Process Engineering team as the internal and external point of contact.
• Determine the qualifications systems must meet for optimal performance.
• Design chemical processes for Iron Fuel Technology™ from concept to P&ID level.
• Collaborate with our Project Manager to play a vital role in feasibility studies and conceptual designs (FEL/FEED studies).
• Calculate, request, select, and order equipment and machines for the systems.
• Actively participate in the startup of the system, ensuring safety and operability.
• Contribute to safety studies (HAZOP, LOPA, and SIL) to identify safety risks and ensure colleagues can operate safely.
Why you make a difference
• Bring a minimum of 5 years of experience in process engineering within the heat, energy production, (petro)chemical or comparable industry
• Strong knowledge of and experience with software systems for process engineering.
• Bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering, Energy Technology, or comparable experience.
• Clear communication style to motivate your team and inform the Management Team.
• Fluency in spoken and written Dutch and English.
as soon as available
What you get in return
A negotiable salary of €6,000 per month (gross) based on your experience and knowledge.
Flexibility options, including the opportunity to work (partially) from home and/or coordinate flexible working hours.
Standard 22 vacation days per year for recharging and relaxation.
Inclusion in a results-oriented, dynamic environment with exciting EPC projects and a diverse, talented team.
Provision of necessary hardware and software for seamless work execution, wherever you are.
Team events, including monthly team days, engaging lunch lectures, and enjoyable outings, contributing to an inspiring work culture.
What to expect
Submit your application; expect a response within 3 business days.
Initial screening over the phone.
A minimum of two rounds, in which you’ll meet with a colleague, HR, and supervisor(s).
Discuss terms and contract upon a positive match.
Transition smoothly to the team and role.